23 October 2020
Here are 6 tips to safely run your auto dealership during a pandemic.
1. Know COVID-19 Guidelines
Associations like NADA have come up with reopening guidelines that help prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is critical to learn, understand, and follow authentic guidelines to seamlessly operate your auto dealership.
2. Prepare Your Auto Dealership
To make the dealership safe for both employees and customers, you need to take the necessary precautions, including:
- Installing hand sanitizers at all contact points
- Rearranging customer facilities to facilitate Social distancing
- Effective sanitizing of the store, restrooms, and dining area
- Making N95 masks available
3. Revisit Your Auto Dealership Operations
Analyze your business operations to check if the process is still working efficiently.
- Staff availability
- Auto dealership supply chain
- Financial status and financing options, etc.
4. Most of Your Communication Should be Online
If you still haven’t shifted the bulk of your communications to online platforms, then now is the right time. Social media platforms like Facebook, Google My Business, LinkedIn, etc. help in communicating with your customers in real-time.
Your customers and prospects are using these platforms more than ever before. Utilize this opportunity to stay connected.
5. Use Technology
Consumers are embracing contactless payment methods, online shopping, video conferencing, etc., in order to stay safe. Be aware of the latest technology trends adopted by your customers.
6. Involve Your Employees
Take care of your employees, and they will look after your dealership and customers. Provide them the necessary facilities and guidelines to run a safe business. It will also be helpful to discuss their health concerns and solutions for it.